Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Friday, March 10, 2006

On haircuts

Haircuts, like everything else in life, have become very expensive. They are also one of the things that definitely are not a “do-it-yourself” operation for me. If I were limber enough and dexterous enough to make the attempt, I suspect that the results would be aesthetically horrifying. Since I am not limber enough, I would end up dislocating my shoulders. Since I am not dexterous enough, I would end up losing an ear. I could end up as a one-eared hunchback sporting a butt-ugly haircut. I have enough problems; it just isn’t worth the risk.

Since I am too cowardly to even make the attempt, I give my monthly tithe to the hair god while giving thanks that I still have hairs on my head that need cutting. The moral of the story is that of the silver lining in the dark cloud, coincidentally, my hair used to be a dark cloud; now, it is a silver lining.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~Jan said...

Excellent wordsmithing!

11/3/06 7:34 PM  
Blogger lastAutumn said...

Nice opinion! My hairdresser doesn't like my instructions, he's fond of my credit card instead ;-)

9/7/07 1:26 AM  
Blogger Tyson said...

Hm... Haircuts is exactly “do-it-yourself” operation for me)))
Looks good).

3/12/07 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home