Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

On dreaming wakefulness

This incident falls into that category of “does this only happen to me?” I will wake up when the alarm goes off. After turning the alarm off, I unknowingly fall back to sleep. The insidious part is that I go into a dream where I am awake and getting ready for work. In my dream world, I am going through my usual morning routine. In the real world, I am still snoring on my pillow. This can go on for some time, until my wife shakes my shoulder and tells me that I am going to be late if I “don’t get moving”. In my dream world, it is as if someone appears out of thin air and grabs my arm. In the real world, I am startled awake and jump about a foot off the bed with my heart racing. Then I have to spend several groggy minutes sitting on the edge of the bed trying to figure where I am and why I am not already dressed. Of course, it is possible that I am only dreaming that I am sitting on the edge of the bed trying to figure out where I am…

2 Comments:

Blogger HCaldwell said...

Happily, my bladder is not fooled and remains in the "real world".

4/6/05 9:13 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Such a thin line between dreaming and being awake. There are those who say we are only truly alive when we are dreaming...
:-)

4/6/05 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home