Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

On the names of paint colors

I have to repaint the bathroom. My wife does not allow me to choose paint colors. I can do all the shopping, prep work, painting, and clean up; but I can’t choose the paint color. Such is the division of labor in our household. I go the paint store and bring home a batch of paint chips for her to select the color. During this latest visit to my local House Of Paint, I noticed a lot of unusual color names on the paint chips. I brought home a bunch of them just because I thought the names were interesting. My wife was not amused.

Desert Mist – A non sequitur. (No? OK, an oxymoron)

Inferno Red – I mentally renamed this one Infernal Red. Very ugly.

Modern In-Touch Living – I wonder what “A Little Out of Date, But Still Trying To Keep Up With The Joneses” looks like.

Soft Blush-They didn’t have a Hard Blush.

Peach Blush – The most puzzling aspect of this color name was the fact that the color was actually a purple. Where do you get an image of Peach Blush from purple?

Barley White – I think this must be a typo for Barely White. It was tan.

New York Blue – A state of mind, perhaps?

Rosy Outlook – See above.

Crimson Night – This one was a little scary. I think I’ve seen this movie.

Winter White – Got it.
Spring Green – OK.
Autumn Memories-What!?!?

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Jan said...

Not so much a non sequitur, as an oxymoron.

There. Now we're even.

28/5/05 9:08 AM  
Blogger HCaldwell said...

Ow. (As I slowly remove the dagger)
You know, I sat for a long while trying to decide which it was, but oxymoron (always makes me think of that guy who does the oxybleach infomercial)just didn't "look" as right on paper. So I decided to show off my four years of high school Latin. Obviously, a literary failure. (sigh)

28/5/05 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home