Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Friday, May 27, 2005

On having ideas in the shower

Believe it or not, there are actually people out there who read this blog. That fact alone surprises me. I am always startled when someone posts a comment. It's like talking to yourself and having someone catch you at it. (I really hope it isn't only me that has had that experience) Someone asked me, “where do you come up with this weird stuff?” Sadly, "this weird stuff" IS the story of my life.

Most of the things that end up being posted on this blog, appear in my brain while I am in the shower. I don’t know why that is. Standing in the mechanically enhanced downpour, I suddenly recall the strangest moments or observations. The collection of memories then seems to ooze out like an overfilled taco onto this blog. Because of my shower induced flashbacks, I had considered naming this blog, Naked Wet Man. It would probably get more hits on the Search Engines that way, but the image it evokes is just too unsettling, even for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger HCaldwell said...

Try saying the words aloud. As long as no one catches you talking to yourself, it is a great aid to memory.

28/5/05 3:28 PM  
Blogger alto artist said...

Love your blog! And I understand the shower syndrome...for me it's crossing the street, just as the light changes and the cars start careening directly towards me...wait, does someone have a pen?
--aa.

28/5/05 5:47 PM  
Blogger HCaldwell said...

Thank you for saying so. I'm afraid my "say it aloud" trick won't help you much in that situation unless you are also pushing a shopping cart and wearing six winter coats at the same time.

28/5/05 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home