Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Friday, June 24, 2005

On effective publicity

During my sophomore year of college, my roommate and I won the prestigious “Strangest Room” award in our dorm. In addition, I was voted “Weirdest Person”. Word was that I won by a landslide. I don’t know if I was really the Weirdest Person in that dorm. It is most likely that I just had a good publicist. My roommate enjoyed and was very good at telling stories at my expense. Since many of the stories involved me being drunk, I was never really in a position to judge the accuracy of his narratives.

His favorite story involved me coming back to the room after a party and deciding that I needed to study for a Psychology test that I had the next day. Lying on my back, I proceeded to hold the book above my face and try to read it. During this process, I would nod off and drop the book onto my face thereby, waking myself up and starting the cycle all over again. After this happen a number of times, I suddenly hurled the book across the room and in a slurry of words declared, “this stooopid book is broken”. I, then, passed out.

I can’t say that I recall this incident. Then again, if it’s true, I probably wouldn’t remember it, would I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home