Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Monday, July 24, 2006

On business travel

I was recently imprisoned in a cramped metal container with no working air conditioning while the outside temperature neared one hundred degrees. I was assaulted by the overwhelming stench of poorly processed human wastes while my ears were subjects to a punishing barrage of high decibel white noise. My legs, back, and neck were tortured for hours into a variety of awkward angles and contortions. Throughout the entire experience, I was given the distinct impression that I was viewed by those in control as less than human; more like a faceless steer being moved through the chutes and channels of the abattoir to be brought, at last, to a final horrible destination.

On top of all that, three of my four flights were either delayed or cancelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home