Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Friday, April 03, 2009

On finding a poem...

I was cleaning out some old boxes of paper today. I have a friend, who was and is, a very talented writer. She wrote this poem for me many years ago. It is still my favorite.

Man and Cat

The man
And his cat
See things through the same wide eyes
And leap at beautiful things
On impulse.

When he's away
His cat stares at me from across the room
And I know
He's not far away.

-TL 1975


This piece of paper I am keeping...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herbieā€”I am honored that you will keep the piece of paper my poem was written on. I must admit I haven't written any poetry in a long time and this long-ago poem has inspired me.

XO
Tekki

2/8/09 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home