Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Monday, September 26, 2005

On pop-up ads

I am curious. Does anyone in the entire universe find them to be entertaining or enlightening? Does anyone actually change their buying habits based on the information presented in one of these ads? Does anyone hate them as much as I do?

I, of course, have installed multitudes of ad blockers into my system. They work quite well, but sometimes cause problems by not letting legitimate windows open on my system. I get irritated that I have to use them every time I have to override the blockers to go to a site.

I think the closest analog to pop-up ads in the natural world would be rats. Except for torturing them in medical research labs, they are not very useful. They get into places where we do not want them, they breed prodigiously, and they are ugly. That certainly describes pop-up ads to a tee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home