Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

On start of school illness

It never fails. Every year, a few weeks after the kids go back to school, I come down with a miserable cold/flu/virus. The symptoms are always pretty much the same. So much so, that I have named it the "phlegm disease". The name is self-explanatory.

It lasts for a couple of weeks during which I go through several boxes of tissues and a couple of bottles of cold remedy. It hasn't killed me yet, but there are always a few days when I almost wish it would. Last year, the "phlegm disease" morphed into an inner ear infection. Wow, that was bizarre. Every time I tried to stand up, the room would start spinning and I would get nauseous. It was all the bad parts of getting drunk without any of the fun parts.

I am hoping that some day, scientists will isolate the dreaded phlegmacocus virus and develop a vaccine. I would be happy to volunteer as a test subject. The way I feel right now, I could probably volunteer to be an autopsy subject.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Jan said...

"Phlegmacocus!" Perfect! I get that every year, too...I guess it's an occupational hazard. Rotten kids and their rotten germs, mutter mutter.

25/9/05 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home