Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Monday, October 03, 2005

On automotive malfunctions

I had a major automotive breakdown today with loud screeching sounds and smoke pouring off the rear tire. Most probably, it was a bad wheel cylinder sticking the brake shoe in place. Very stinky.

It seems rather sad to me that after more than one hundred years of automotive history and innovation, it is hard to go for more than six months without, at least, some small mechanical failure. True, car reliability has improved from earlier times, but so has the cost. True, cars are more sophisticated and offer a number of features that were not found in earlier models, but they cost a lot more. True, there are a lot more choices than when Henry Ford said that you could have any color you wanted as long as it was black, but we pay for those extra options.

I can’t wait to see the bill for this last repair. It will probably cause me to make loud screeching sounds and have smoke pouring out of my rear end.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Jan said...

This is the funniest thing I've read in weeks. Have I mentioned that I'm glad you're writing again?

3/10/05 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home