Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

On potato salad

I really don’t like potato salad. Many, many people have said, “oh, but you’ll like mine” when I inform them of this fact. To date, they have all been wrong. I do not like potato salad. I am not sure why I don’t like it. In fact, I like all of the ingredients found in potato salad and relish all of them separately. But put together into potato salad and well, I do not like potato salad.

There are a number of organizations and groups that provoke a similar response from me. When I meet and interact with individual members of these groups, I find them to be fine, in many cases, admirable human beings. The problem is that when they are grouped together into an organization, they collectively scare the hell out of me. What made me think of this was that I had some earnest young men show up at my door today. I declined to allow them “a few minutes of my time” to share their organization's beliefs with me. I am sure that I puzzled them when I replied, “No, thank you, I don’t like potato salad.”

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Jan said...

Your problem is that you are putting relish in your potato salad.

7/10/05 9:07 AM  
Blogger HCaldwell said...

I don't make potatoe salad. I do relish the comment, however.

7/10/05 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home