Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

On daydreaming

I have developed an unfortunate tendency to daydream. I sometimes find myself on some very strange thoughtscapes while I am driving, walking, or working. Oddly, this wasn’t really that much of a problem when I was a child. In grade school, I used to get in trouble for reading an interesting book under my desk when I was supposed to be listening to the lesson. I once got sent to the principal’s office because I was so engrossed in a sci-fi novel that I didn’t hear the alarm bells during a fire drill. Believe it or not, I used to have to spend time standing with my face into the corner of the classroom for reading in school. The shame of it all. Other than my criminal literary tendencies, I was usually very much “in the moment”.

It has only been in adulthood that my mental focus has started floating away without notice. This cannot be a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home