Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

On wind power

I kind of enjoy using my leaf blower on piles of autumn leaves. Blasting the leaves into a pile like a modern Zephyr, Greek god the west wind, gives me a real sense of control. I can throw those leaves around as though they were mere, uhm, leaves. It makes me want to throw my head back and give a loud maniacal laugh at the barren trees. I am wind. I have the power. Take that you, leaf, you.

Suddenly, the wind gusts from the direction that I am blowing the leaves.

They all fly back into my face.

Hubris gone.

I am humbled.

Mortal, once more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home