Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Monday, November 21, 2005

On e-friends

Yes, I have a new time wasting habit. During lunch, I have been sitting at my laptop and going to the sites of bloggers who leave clever or interesting comments on the blogs that I read regularly.

Some are duds. Apparently, the clever comment was only a one-shot deal.

I recently realized that I have been on the “Net” in one capacity or another for over twenty-five years now. During that time, I have amassed an astounding collection of e-friends. Not a very clever label, I admit. I think that Glory once referred to them as “pickles”.

(Yes, here it is!)

Perhaps, some day, I can host an e-cocktail party and introduce them all to each other. We can play e-party games (e-charades, perhaps), and have some e-snacks. What e-party would be complete without a variety of e-drinks?

We would, of course, need a designated keyboarder.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

great post......and some of us could be e-cocktail weenies.....

21/11/05 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so funny--I have an online group that I regularly chat with. One night I dreamed that we were all together, physically, in the same room (in the real world, we are scattered all over the United States). We were all sitting there, with our laptops, typing furiously away to each other. I remember thinking, in my dream, "This is ridiculous, we should just talk."

21/11/05 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home