Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

On filling out the medical history form at the doctor’s office

My college roommate introduced me to the concept of cognitive dissonance. It is the feeling of discomfort when you are faced with equally valid, but conflicting "truths" or credible evidence that contradicts your own beliefs. It was immediately recognizable to me as my normal state of mind. I feel I should be able to put it down as a pre-existing medical condition. After I am asked if I have ever suffered from acne, venereal diseases, tumors, etc.; there is usually a blank next to the word “Other”. I want to see if I can get it noted in my chart that I suffer from “chronic cognitive dissonance.” I wonder what they prescribe for that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home