Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Monday, May 23, 2005

On taking a ceramics class

I took a ceramics class once. I made a large warty textured green lamp. Most people think it looks like a giant dill pickle with a light bulb sticking out of it. I starting doing a self-portrait on a plate then changed my mind and turned it into a clock face. The stem for the hands comes out of one of my nostrils. It is a very ugly clock and hangs in my bathroom. The most useful item I made is a small object that is the color and shape of a crumpled used teabag. It is a saucer for holding used tea bags.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Jan said...

This is awesome stuff. When I was younger, I attempted a few art-type projects. I was VERY GOOD at visualizing the final product--a still-life, for example, or a sketch of my little brother. What I GOT, however, I always ended up calling "Abstract."

26/5/05 9:37 PM  
Blogger HCaldwell said...

I learned the secret phrase that all artists are taught. "I meant to do that." It always works for me.

26/5/05 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home