Name:

What is there to say? I'm not very interesting. I'm not a good writer. I don't even dress well. If you insist on knowing something about me just wander through the archives. It's all there.

Friday, June 10, 2005

On a long hot day

It has been in the mid-nineties for the past several days with eighty to ninety percent humidity. This is lousy weather for doing anything except melting. I am not a fan of winter cold either, but at least you can put on a heavier coat and feel somewhat comfortable. When it comes to the heat, you can only take off so much. The muggy air hangs on you like a blanket even when you fully undressed. Since polite society and good taste requires some clothing, you are soggy from the moment you step outside.

The only good thing about weather like this is that I don’t mind washing the car when I get home. I have washed the car twice in the last three days. If this heat keeps up, I’m afraid that I may take the finish off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Hey, I agree with you on the warm weather. However, I have bought a whole lot of gYpsy skirts for the summer weather (to wear on weekends) and so far every weekend has not been warm enough to wear sandals, sleveless tops and gypsy skirts with no stockings! Gr..why is it always hot during the week when I have to wear my suits to work! It is torture to wear a suit on a warm and humid day.... :-(

10/6/05 6:41 AM  
Blogger HCaldwell said...

Unfortunately, skirts don't look good on me. I think wearable suit-mounted air conditioning is the invention to watch for in the future.

10/6/05 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home